-->

Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Time For an Arbritrary Time Waster - Pete-style

Since I have nothing better to do, really, until I have another productive Skype conversation with Trav and/or Vlade and/or anyone, really or the tournament next week, I figured it'd be time for a contest. Basically, I'm going to use the polls for something productive this time! Also, its a cheap way to see how many people actually read my blog without having the polls rigged by people who read my blog too much. So, since this is primarily a fightan game blog, this will be primarily a fightan game thing, but I'm also trying to test whether or not any of my former MtG contacts read this (which they totally should, btw, I'm definitely going to get back into that). So, with no further ambiguity (though I am having fun describing it without saying anything meaningful), this will be a pretty standard 'woah best video competition' (and yes, I did steal the inspiration from srk.com).

So, you'll each be nominating a video in a category you feel qualified to nominate in (hell, even if you don't feel qualified). The video can be any competitors, of any country, of any time period applicable to the contest, hosted on any site that doesn't have viruses, so you can use nicovideo if you have an account there. Every person who nominates something will get their name put into a lottery, which the winner will get a SUPER SPECIAL SECRET SURPRISE or SSSS for short. I'm not paying for postage though, so if you're desperate for the SSSS and don't live in Perth, you can pay for postage, but I'm sure you won't care that much. Still worth nominating, though.

Without further a due ('Without further' is the most useful combination of two words, ever), the categories (if it doesn't state a game category, assume fighting. So, 'Best Match of 2009' is actually 'Best Fightan Match of 2009'):

Best Match of 2009:
Most Hilarious Moment of 2009:
Most Johns/Salty Moment of 2009:
Best Australian Match of 2009:
Best Clinch Moment of 2009:
Best Pokemon Player You Know (or, if you prefer, 'Best Pokemon Player That Also Reads This Blog and/or Plays Smash') of 2009 (this one doesn't need a video, just a name :P):
and lastly, just testing if anyone reads this from M-L: Best Magic Match of 2009:
Oh, and for Jardee: Gayest Warhammer Unit:

Be aware, I'm anticipating some categories going without nominees because this blog really isn't that popular. I blame this on you, the reader, for not informing your friends. I also expect Andy, who's watched too many American Brawl matches, to come up with too many nominations. You're allowed more than one nomination for each category, but you only get one entry into the raffle, regardless, and the poll won't be 'which videos got nominated the most' but 'which matches that got nominated, Pete liked the most'. This blog isn't a democracy, its a dictatorship. :P

Now, get nominating and relieve me of having to post anything meaningful for a bit longer.

EDIT: Oh, and you need a link to the video, not just a name, thanks. :P

1 comment:

  1. Just so you have something, Pete, I nominate this video between me and MrChowda for all categories:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DswwZS3ZiIg

    Then I'll vote for myself as Pokemon player and then just say the Tyranid Hive Tyrant for the Warhammer unit because if it were gay, I'd turn gay for it.

    ReplyDelete