-->

Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Type-Wild Bitches

So, I think most people reading this will be aware of the fan-made 2d fighting game, Pokemon Type-Wild. Some guy in SoCal made it pretty well known after discovering a version of the game online, and everyone was sad to discover the guy making it stopped work in 2009, since it was pretty damn fun. Sprites were well drawn, the cast was a bit diverse (Blaziken, Lucario, Snorlax, Combusken, Gardevoir, Gengar, Breloom, and Swalot is a pretty good roster, except Combusken was a bit of an...odd choice, and I still find the lack of Scizor odd. Who doesn't like Scizor?), and the mechanics were fairly well done, including, beyond all the usual stuff, a Guilty Gear-style barrier, and assists. 

Well, last month, after a long hiatus, the developer must've seen the videos and thought 'wow, people all over the world like my game!' because a new version came out, with new stages and playable Lopunny added to the cast. I'd hoped he'd add the Charizard he sprited up before Lopunny but oh well, game needs more fanservice, right? There's even a full website back up for the game, here: http://www.pokesho.com/typewild/mein.php (incidentally, that's also where you download the game, free of charge (get it? Its because Pikachu isn't in the game. My puns are so re-volt-ing.) The thing's in Japanese, but there's enough that you can gleam from screenshots, really. 

Insert 'Dramatic Entry' joke here (actually, he may have been going for that)

So, if the developer is willing to continue work on the game if people show interest (which is what the new version seems to convey), then I'd be willing to run tournaments for people in the Perth area. I mean, come on, who doesn't like Pokemon? Its not as easy to get setups for a PC-based game, mind you, but I have a few ideas on how I could get tournaments to work. I doubt its ever going to get to Evo (then again, Melty did, and that's certainly higher risk than this), but its still an enjoyable game that I think would be great if we could all put a little bit of effort on the side into it. 

So, leave your comments below or post them on Facebook or something else. I mean, I doubt anyone will even read this, but still, 7 man tournaments haven't killed BlazBlue off yet.

Burned: Its what you'll be if you slander this game

No comments:

Post a Comment